2018 Chapter Championship
The 2018 Chapter Championships for York-Simcoe takes place on Sunday, July 15, 2018.
COMPETITIVE EVENT DETAILS
This will be primarily a competitive event. Again this year, we will provide spaces for ladies wishing to participate on the fun side.
Players must have an established EWGA or GAO handicap index and have an equivalent of two (2) 18-hole scores posted to their handicap record in the current year prior to the handicap cutoff date. The handicap cutoff date for YS Chapter Championship is July 1, 2018.
Championship Changes and Updates from 2017:
The key change is the handicap ranges used for flights.
For stroke play:
○ Championship Flight: 0.0-10.0 (Old was 0.0-12.0)
○ First Flight: 10.1-17.0 (Old was 12.1-19.0)
○ Second Flight: 17.1-24.0 (Old was 19.1-25.0)
○ Third Flight: 24.1-32.0 (Old was 25.1-32.0)
○ Fourth Flight remains the same, 32.1-40.4
○ Championship Flight (+2): 0.0-10.0 (Old was 0.0-12.0)
○ First Flight (+1): 10.1-17.0 (Old was 12.1-19.0)
○ Second Flight (0): 17.1-24.0 (Old was 19.1-25.0)
○ Third Flight (-1): 24.1-32.0 (Old was 25.1-32.0)
○ Fourth Flight (-2) remains the same, 32.1-40.4
Yellow tees will be used for First through Fourth Flight.
Championship Flight will play Yellow/White tees as in previous years.
The 2018 Championship Changes file provides more details.
Here is a Step by Step Guide to Register for 2018 Chapter Championship.
Registration is a 2-step process, as last year:
- Register on the US website and pay $40 US.
- Register on ewga.ca to pay local fees: $84 walking or $105 with cart. (Local fee includes HST and a $10 food and beverage voucher.)
Members need to have their EWGA Member ID and their Network ID from the handicap system they use in order to register.
You MUST register on both systems in order to qualify to compete.
There will be two types of competitions:
- Individual Stroke Play in 5 flights Detailed Stroke Play Info
- Team Scramble Detailed Scramble Play Info
1st place winners are eligible to advance to the semi-final competition for our District (Upper Mideast).
The UMPE semi-final takes place on August 25, 2018 at Autumn Ridge Golf Course in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Those that qualify after that, will proceed to the National Finals at Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Fl on October 12 & 13th, 2018.
1st place winners include low gross and low net for individual stroke play. Two scramble teams, 1st place and 2nd place low gross for scramble play will also advance.
Sunday, July 15– Tournament Day Agenda and Registration Details
9:00 – 10:45 a.m. Registration
9:45 – 10:15 a.m. Rules Meeting
11:00 a.m. Tee Times start
4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Awards and Socializing
Meals and beverages can be ordered from the menu. All registrations include a $10 voucher for the RedCrest Bistro and can be used for food and beverages.
Deadline to register for Competitive Play: June 28, 2018
Handicap Revision Date: July 1, 2018
If you are interested in playing at Red Crest just for fun and not advancing on in the semi-finals, contact Anne Jessop.
For any other Chapter Championship questions, please contact Carol Buchinski, Chapter Championship Director with any questions.